As a blogger, one of my favourite things to do is to read (and read and read and read…) other blogs. Naturally, I think that bloggers inspire each other with their thoughts, their creativity and their post ideas! I’ve been loving Erin James’s blog ‘It’s Erin James‘ (formerly ‘Sweetness Itself’) – especially her little ‘what I’m loving’ posts! So here’s a little ‘what I’m loving’ post of my own.
Let me start by saying that while this blog isn’t supposed to be materialistic, I do like a bit of home & wardrobe styling and injecting a bit of creativity into all areas of my life. This isn’t a ‘look at my stuff’ post, or an unhealthy value for material possessions, but an insight into my personal style, life & interests!
Peter and I have a new apartment where we’ll live once we get married (and that he is currently inhabiting!) and we’ve had so much fun setting it up and making it feel homey, so don’t be surprised if a lot of these things are home related!
2. Kmart rugs (especially this one which features in our new home!) – so affordable, with such great patterns, & the perfect size for a little apartment!
3. Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the colour 38
4. Kmart jewellery! Especially this arrow necklace (only available in store)
5. These daily vloggers on YouTube, Sam & Nia
6. This lemon drizzle cake recipe by Nigella Lawson
7. This amazing Christian women’s magazine called Mici
8. My Kikki K yearly diary (they are aaa-mazing)
9. ‘My Dear’ by Bethel (this song is on repeat in my car!)
10. This verse from Philippians 2:
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Let me know if you like this kind of post, & I’ll try & do them a little more often!
I hope you’re having a lovely week,
— Lauren x