I did a post like this a few weeks ago, & I had a lot of fun compiling a list of things I’ve been enjoying over recent weeks and months! I sometimes find myself appreciating things I never thought I’d enjoy, & I love having songs, books, verses, candles (etc. etc. etc.) recommended to me by others!
I’m incredibly lucky to have a group of young women who I meet with every week, and I’m constantly encouraged by them – today we studied Psalm 100, and one of the things that stood out to me was the theme of thankfulness. I’m thankful to God for so many things, and tonight it really struck me that all things should be approached with a heart of thankfulness. I suppose these things that I’m ‘loving’ are all in line with that theme.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
2 Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
– Psalm 100
1. This album by All Sons & Daughters shook my life this week. Recently some family news (forgive me for not going into detail) has had me feeling a bit nervous, and I needed a distraction. On a long car trip, I downloaded their latest album and immediately connected with their style of music. It’s raw and beautiful worship music full of meaningful, not-your-stock-standard-christian-lyrics and beautiful melodies, harmonies and (*sigh*) violin. My favourite song by far is ‘You Will Remain’. You can hear it if you head over to their website.
2. This picture! Yes, this is Peter and myself, but that’s actually less significant. This (God & his grand weather plan willing!) is the field where we’ll get married in 33 days! Our church is wonderful, but the building is quite modern and I far prefer natural light & being surrounded by creation – this field is out the back of our church. I grew up playing games out here after services, having youth group outdoors in summer, sliding down the hills on water slides and all kinds of things. It’s a special place, and I can’t wait to be married here!
3. Cindy Morris‘s Instagram account. Call me crazy, but this has been so uplifting! I came across Cindy’s account through a friend while trying to find photos of Erin James’s wedding (now Erin Morris!). I’m so glad I did. Cindy is Erin’s new mother in law, as well as a beautiful, encouraging Christian mother of 13 kids out in Oklahoma, USA. Not a day has gone by since the day I found her account that she hasn’t encouraged or challenged me – not directly, but through her many wonderful photos and the words that accompany them. THIS is how social media should be used!!!
4. This online shop, Milk Thieves! Pretty, quirky & creative!
5. Kikki K ‘Thank You’ cards (I recently got a bunch of them on sale!)… I have plenty of people to thank at the moment!
6. This blog, Carried Away. Carrie is hilarious, and while I’m not a parent, I find myself giggling (literally out loud) and feeling as though I can relate to her posts as I read them. I do happen to know Carrie personally, but it won’t take you long to feel like you can relate to her stories and chats. She’s as likeable online as she is in person.
7. The entire book of Jonah. I’d encourage you to read past the giant fish… there’s so much more to this story than I ever realised!
8. My camera. For everyday stuff (when I’m not using the camera on my iPhone!) I use a Nikon Coolpix S8100. I have a bigger camera with a better sensor, lense, & pixels – but for a camera that can live in my handbag (or Europe bag!) this thing and its quality consistently astounds me. Thank you, thank you, thank you to my boss/workplace for giving me this right before the big trip! I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to haul my big camera around Europe when this thing takes such incredible pictures.
9. Pinterest. There will come a day when I will ‘un-secret’ my wedding board, but until the 18th of July you won’t find anything wedding-related on there! What you will find is a bunch of recipes, fashion inspiration, travel dreams and hairstyles!
10. Glide. This is an app for video-messaging. Think of it like a slightly disjointed Skype call – great if a very close friend and member of your bridal party is in another country for a few months & you really miss her!